Since purchasing the property in 1999 Don and Mary Helen Deakin have embarked on the mission of restoring their over 100 year-old maple forest to its state of former glory. The tapping of maple trees for syrup production resumed in 2007 after a forty-year hiatus. To date the flow of sap has been modest compared to that produced by 1900 taps in 1906. Though many of the over 100 year-old trees no longer produce great quantities of sap, they have reseeded the 76 acre forest and the moderately aged trees are beginning to yield sap of excellent quality.
Restoration activities have included the establishment of a maple tree plantation and the transplanting of saplings to more suitable locations in the forest. In 2000 Don completed a new sugar house, built on the same site as a replica of the original 1910 shack.